FOAM 9: Food: Shrimp and penne Alfredo, and green beans. Leftovers from Sunday dinner.
Outside: The Azalea in the front flower bed.
Abstract: Thread sticking up from my jeans. I’d clip it off, but the kittens like playing with it.
Myself: My boots. I love these damn boots, they’re super comfy.
For lunch on Saturday, Fred and I had steak and shrimp. We usually eat lunch or dinner out on Saturdays, but the last few weeks steak and shrimp has sounded really good to us, along with salad and a baked potato (for Fred) and baked sweet potato (me). We buy the two-pound bag of jumbo shrimp at Sam’s and then Fred cooks them on the grill (in a pan) when he cooks the steak.
This past Saturday, he only cooked half the bag of shrimp because he was low on charcoal. We decided to have the rest of the shrimp Sunday evening, and after I thought about it for a while, I decided that I’d see if I couldn’t find an easy Alfredo sauce, buy some penne, cook the shrimp, and mix it all together.
Most of the Alfredo sauce recipes I found involved a ton of butter and heavy cream, and although I’m sure they would have been fabulous, I didn’t want to make anything quite so heavy for dinner. I Googled around some more, and then came across a “light” Alfredo sauce recipe.
I gave it a try, and I’ve gotta say – it was damn good, definitely a keeper. We’re going to try it next with angel hair and chicken, and I expect it’ll be just as good then, too.
Speaking of shrimp, at the corner of our road and the highway it intersects, there’s now a booth where they sell “Gulf Shrimp.”
“I wonder if that’s the Gulf of Mexico or the Gulf of China,” Fred joked as we drove by on Sunday.
I think I’ll stick with the tried-and-true Sam’s shrimp for now.
Really, I’ve got nothin’ for you today, so I’m going to do this meme and call it good enough.
1. What is the color of your toothbrush? Uh. Blue? Maybe? Actually, I have three toothbrushes. My regular toothbrush is either blue or green. Maybe yellow. My Braun electric toothbrush is… white? Maybe? And my Rota-Dent is white with a pink head. Alright, goddamnit, I had to know, so I went upstairs and looked. My regular toothbrush is purple and white. My Braun is blue and white. And my Rota-Dent is pink and white.
2. Name one person who made you smile today. Fred, of course.
3. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? It’s not 8 am yet. I’ll probably be either sitting in front of the computer dreading having to leave for my annual appointment with the gynecologist, or hanging out with the Cookies or Wonkas.
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago? Herding turkeys back into the back forty.
5. What is your favorite candy bar? Depends on the day. Right now, I’m partial to KitKats.
6. Have you ever been to a strip club? No, and I have no desire to go. I don’t think I’m missing anything.
7. What is the last thing you said aloud? “Did you wipe your BUTT on me? You are such a nasty little thing.”
8. What is your favorite ice cream? Vanilla Bean. I know, exciting.
9. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water.
10. Do you like your wallet? I don’t feel strongly about it either way. It does the job, but I wouldn’t cry if it suddenly fell apart and I had to get a new one.
11. What was the last thing you ate? Half an “Everything” bagel with cream cheese (for a snack last night).
12. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? I have not. I stole one of Fred’s shirts yesterday, though, because I didn’t want to go back upstairs to get a t-shirt. So it was new to me!
13. The last sporting event you watched? It’s been so long, I can’t recall. Whatever it was, I’m sure it wasn’t on purpose.
14. What is your favorite flavor of popcorn? I like the Smartfoods cheddar. I’m not a huge popcorn fan.
15. Who is the last person you sent a text message to? The spud, most likely.
16. Ever go camping? Yes, but not in years and years. Not since I was a kid.
17. Do you take vitamins daily? I do, every morning.
18. Do you go to church every Sunday? I do not.
19. Do you have a tan? Nope.
20. Do you prefer Chinese food over pizza? Most of the time, unless I’m in a pizza mood – but even then, I’d probably be okay with Chinese.
21. Do you drink your soda with a straw? Only if I’ve gotten a soda from McDonald’s or other fast food restaurant. At home, I don’t use a straw.
22. What did your last text message say? God. You’re really going to make me work to answer this shit, aren’t you? “Good god. That’s too bad!” is the last one I sent.
23. What are you doing tomorrow? Hanging out with kittens, scooping litter boxes, trying to clear off the dining room table, figuring out what the hell to do with the 4 cups of pineapple in the fridge, maybe watching some TV.
24. Favorite color? Yellow.
25. Look to your left; what do you see? Newt trying to decide whether to settle down in the bed next to my keyboard. And beyond him, out the window, a marauding band of asshole turkeys.
2008: Fred snorted “You should just start wearing overalls!”
2007: Hey! I was decluttering last year at this time, too!
2006: Here’s Doctor Robyn’s list of diagnoses.
2005: Cat hair on the seat of your pants! It’s the Next Big Thing!
2004: Do you suppose that cats realize that when we kiss them, it’s a sign of affection?
2002: No entry.
2001: No entry.
2000: Thanks, y’all, for your emails regarding hamster sex.
1999: So, I didn’t get the kitten.