anyone "babe", let alone a woman he hardly knows). When, in the real world, Fred came out of the bathroom to get dressed for work, I was laying there, sound asleep, with a huge grin on my face. He woke me up, and I woke up laughing so hard tears came to my eyes. Definitely a good start to the day. Earlier, while I was still sleeping, the tabby I mentioned last week wandered through our back yard. Our cats were still inside, since it was cold out, and so Fancypants had to content himself for checking her out through the window.

"How YOU doin'?"
And then, perhaps worried that there was food at stake, Tubby had to come check out the situation for himself (pardon the blurriness of the picture).
Pictures courtesy of Himself. Later, when I was sitting in front of the computer (like I spend 65% of my time – the other 35% is divided amongst sleeping, eating, craving junk food, and shopping) reading email, I glanced into the front yard, and saw Fancypants wandering through the flower bed directly in front of the window. "That damn Fancypants!" I muttered. "Jumped the fence again, I guess." A second later, I remembered that the back door wasn’t open, and hadn’t been opened in the five minutes since I saw Fancypants snoozing on the couch. Apparently Fancypants’ evil twin (except that I’m sure Fancypants is actually the evil one) now lives in our neighborhood. Today was another good mail day – I received a card in the mail from Suzy (thanks, Suzy!), and from reader Terry in Texas, who is apparently of the opinion (like me) that you can never have too many calendars, I received: two of ’em! Not a great picture, but you get the idea of what they look like. Now I need to decide where I want to hang ’em. Thank you so much, Terry! I’m still taking requests for stuff of which you wish to see pictures – I’ll probably do and post the entry for that on Monday. 1. What are the first things that you do in the morning to start your day? I lay in bed for ten minutes or so, petting Miz Poo and arguing with myself whether I’m ready to get up, or if I need to just go back to sleep. When I finally roll out of bed, I pop my contacts in, take my Synthroid, clean out the litter box, get dressed, and go downstairs. Once downstairs, I check my email, drink water, and argue with myself whether I want to skip exercising completely (for the record, I almost never decide to skip exercising, but the devil on my shoulder gives it her best try every morning). Sometime between 8:30 and 9:00 (sometimes later on the weekend), I force myself to go lift weights or go for my walk, depending on what day it is. 2. What are the last things that you do at night before going to bed? To me, bedtime starts at 9:00. I brush my teeth, take my birth control pill, and change into my nightgown. Fred and I lay in bed, cuddle, and talk for half an hour to 45 minutes, and then he wanders off to bed. I get up and either watch TV if I’ve got something on tape to watch, or read until 11:30 or 12:00. Then I pop my contacts out, pee one last time (though I get up one to three times to pee during the night), and settle in with Miz Poo next to me. 3. What daily routine have you recently added to your day? Honestly, I don’t think anything at all has changed in recent memory. 4. What routine do you wish you get rid of? I’d be more than happy to turn over cleaning out the litter box to someone else, but I had to agree to clean it out myself every day before Fred would let me get Miz Poo, so I can’t really complain. I also wouldn’t mind having someone else do the laundry, but I’m the one who’s neither working nor going to school, plus I know which shirts can’t go into the dryer, so I’m not complaining about that, either. 5. What’s the one thing that makes you feel like something is missing if you don’t do it some point within your day? There are two things, really. If I don’t take a shower, I feel wrong all day long. Also, if I don’t exercise, I spend the rest of the day in a bit of a haze.