* * *
Last week’s Friday Five.
1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)? I prefer novels – suspense, mystery, horror, and (most of all) chick lit. Also known as Zany Chick novels. But I read a lot – a LOT – of magazines, US being my favorite, and People and Marie Claire running a close second.
2. What is your favorite novel? That would be a three-way tie between The Stand, Swan Song, and Good in Bed.
3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!) I do, actually. It’s called From the Journals of the Frog Prince. It’s by Susan Mitchell, and I first read it in a college class ten or more years ago. Something about it immediately captured my imagination. I also love Dirge Without Music, by Edna St. Vincent Millay. And lastly, I really like this A. E. Housman poem, mostly because I memorized it in college (the same class wherein I discovered From the Journals of the Frog Prince, actually) and can still whip off the first 10 or so lines of it. I like the rhythm of it.
4. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read? Actually, nothing. If I want to read it, I do.
5. What are you currently reading? Quentins, by Maeve Binchy.
* * *
Y’all see Survivor last night? Man-o-man does Heidi have an inflated opinion of her cuteness, or what? I finally – after she’d referred to the fact that she’s so cute angels come to throw roses at her feet for the 28th time in a row – turned to Fred and said “You know, I don’t think she’s cute at ALL.” Fred replied with “She’s not. She’s ass ugly.” He paused. “Ass hole ugly,” he corrected himself. He said that Shawna – despite the whininess – was the best looking one of the three “cute” girls.
And then during the Gap commercial, he bitched about how all the women in the commercial were too bony. Heh.
* * *
1. What was the last song you heard? I don’t know that I can remember the last song I heard on the radio, but I’ve been humming “Build Me up Buttercup” all morning.
2. What were the last two movies you saw? Uh. Oh, let me think… 1 Hour Photo and Swept Away, I think. That’s right, I rented Swept Away, just because I knew it was going to be awful, and I was right. There was nothing at all original about it, not one single thing. I’d like to see someone make a stranded-on-a-desert-island movie where the man and woman DON’T “fall in love” and fuck like bunnies. Ooh, sorry. Did I ruin the plot for you? 1 Hour Photo, on the other hand was good and creepy as hell from the very beginning to the very end.
3. What were the last three things you purchased? Groceries. Other than that, I don’t know. Maybe lotion. Oh, bird seed!
4. What four things do you need to do this weekend? Take the spud to the eye doctor, go to the mall, force my ass to exercise, vacuum the downstairs.
5. Who are the last five people you talked to? Fred, the spud, Miz Poo, Spanky, and Tubby. What? Cats are people too!]]>